Every student at UM is given the digital identity (username), which enables single sign-on to various information services such as:
- Academic information subsystem AIPS
- University online learning portal Estudij
- Wireless network Eduroam
- Microsoft Imagine programme
- Microsoft Office for students
- Arnes AAI Federation Services (VOX, Filesender, Mapa, Foodle)
- Computers in computer labs
More info at https://it.um.si/en/students/ .
Eduroam (education roaming) is an international federation of wireless networks for users of educational and research institutions. Students, pupils, teachers, researchers and others can use any wireless network Eduroam, in Slovenia or abroad. More information along with setup instructions at eduroam.si
Technical requirements for connection
In order to successfully connect to a wireless network, you need a valid digital identity, operating system and network card must support the following standards:
- Network Name (SSID): eduroam
- Standard for wireless networks: 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Authentication Protocol: TTLS (EAP-TTLS, Microsoft TTLS) or PEAP
- Encription method: AES (WPA2) or TKIP (WPA)
- Tunnelled protocol for authentication: PAP or MS-CHAPv2
Anonymous identity can be left blank or you can enter firstname.lastname@example.org, user identity is in the form email@example.com, please install UM digital certificate.
Instructions for connecting
Please use the installation program for Eduroam. If the installation fails, you can use the following instructions:
- Windows 8/10: just enter your digital identity and password.
- Windows XP/Vista/7: download modified version of SecureW2 client, run it and follow the instructions.
- Windows phone: just enter your digital identity and password or follow the instructions.
- Android: follow the instructions.