HOSTING DR. MARTIN PENNY FROM ERC: Presentation of the ERC program and discussion with potential ERC applicants
Publish date: 2018/01/05 | Expire date: 2018/01/20 | Author: Pia Prebevšek
News is expired!
We are honored to host dr. Martin Penny, Head of Unit Physical Sciences and Engineering at European Research Council, on Friday, 19 January 2018. He will come together with dr. Andreja Umek Venturini, Slovenian National Contact Point (NCP) for ERC. Together, they will introduce ERC funding opportunities and NCP support for applicants.
The main purpose of the ERC is to fund excellent researchers and their research teams to carry out research, which should lead to the progress of existing knowledge and to the setting of clear objectives for fundamental research in Europe, where the sole criterion for granting financial resources is scientific excellence. The aim of the ERC is to improve career opportunities and the independence of researchers in their early career stages.
ERC calls according to target groups are:
- Starting Grant - for researchers at the beginning of the career (2-7 years of experience since completion of PhD)
- Consolidator Grant - to consolidate the independent career of a researcher (7-12 years of experience since completion of PhD)
- Advanced Grant - for active researchers who have a track-record of significant research achievements in the last 10 years
The event will be held in the G2-P1 Alfa lecture hall.
9.30 – Purpose of the event and presentation of guests (Prof. Dr. Marjan Mernik)
9.40 – Presentation of the ERC program
- The purpose of the program and funding opportunities (Dr. Martin Penny)
- Support of Slovenian NCO (Dr. Andreja Umek Venturini)
13.00 – Open discussion with potential ERC applicants (exclusively for target groups)