Publish date: 2018/07/05 | Expire date: 2018/08/31 | Author: Pia Prebevšek
News is expired!
Grenoble-INP Esisar is organizing in Valence, France the European edition of the Cybersecurity Awareness Week (https://csaw.io/intl-locations/csaw-europe) in collaboration with New York University (csaw.io). This event is a student oriented cybersecurity competition from cyberphysical systems to IT systems.
Three competitions dedicated to students of all levels (bachelor, master and PhD) are organized: the applied research, the embedded security challenge and the capture the flag. While qualifications are held online, the finals will be held from 8 to 10 November 2018. Finalists for the three competitions are granted (to cover hotel and travel cost) to come in France for on-site competitions. Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place (respectively 700, 500 and 300 euros). During the vent, a career fair with cyber security companies will be organized. Also keynotes will be given by security experts. Finally, a free social event will be held on Friday night.
You can find hereafter more details about the competitions:
• The Embedded Systems Challenge (ESC) 2018 competition considers the expansion of the threat landscape caused by IoT devices, and invites contestants to develop covert attacks that (mis)use IoT devices - smart bulbs in particular - to exfiltrate data through side-channels from air-gapped networks. The ESC18 competition is divided into two phases:
1. A preliminary qualification phase, where teams must compile and submit a written report characterizing possible side-channel attacks that (mis)use IoT devices, such as smart light bulbs, to stealthily exfiltrate secret information.
2. A final phase, where qualified teams are invited to the CSAW event of their region to present a live demonstration of their implementations on smart light bulbs provided by the organizers. The technical requirements and details of each phase are elaborated in: https://github.com/momalab/csaw_esc_2018
• In theApplied Research Competition (https://csaw.io/research), students are invited to run for the CSAW Best Paper Award. Eligible submissions include any paper published between September 1, 2017 and August 31, 2018, on any topic related to the application or implementation of security technologies or security systems. You can register for this Competition at https://easychair.org/cfp/CSAW18. The submission deadline is 11:59 CET September 9, 2018. Registration is open to anyone matching our target profile, so feel free to forward this mail to your colleagues.
• For the Capture the Flag, registrations are open until Sept 14 on the following website: https://csaw.engineering.nyu.edu/ctf preliminary rounds start Sep. 14 and ends Sep. 16.