How to reach us
You can fly with low cost flights to our capital Ljubljana or our neighbour countries: Austria (Graz, Klagenfurt, Vienna), Hungary (Budapest), Italy (Venice, Treviso, Tri-este), Croatia (Zagreb). From there you can take a train, a bus, a taxi or Slovenian pick up shuttles to Maribor.
Airports in Slovenia:
- Ljubljana Airport (130 km, 1h 40 min)
- Maribor Airport (13 km, 20 min)
Airports near Slovenia:
- Graz Airport (A) (60 km, 45 min)
- Klagenfurt (KLU) – Maribor (181 km; 1 h 51 min by CAR)
- Airport Zagreb (HR) (130 km, 1h 40 min)
- Trieste Airport (250 km, 2h 40 min)
- Vienna International Airport (A) (265 km, 2h 35 min)
- Venice Airport Benetke (I) (360 km, 3h 40 min)
- Treviso Airport (374 km; 3 h 51 min by CAR)
- Budabest Airport (H) (365 km, 3h 40 min)
Transport from airports: GoOpti
You can reach Maribor by train from all major surrounding cities. There is a direct connection from Ljubljana and Graz, from elsewhere there are some stops you’ll have to make in between. For more information visit Slovenske železnice - Slovenian Railways
Maribor is directly connected with towns in Austria, Germany, Hungary and Italy. Organization in your own country may be able to offer discount to students and to those under 26. We also suggest using Flixbus.
All major surrounding cities: Venice, Vienna, Salzburg, Graz and Budapest are motorways associated with Maribor. Directions:
- Graz (A): E57/E59
- Budapest (H): E71/E59
- Zagreb (CRO): E59/E70
- Vienna (A): On the southern road leading to Graz proceed the way to the border crossing Šentilj..
- From Italy: From the border crossing Fernetiči continue the path to Ljubljana and then to Maribor.